PhD Students – Deadline 18 June 2023
We are currently hiring several full-time PhD students in software and system security, formal methods and machine learning, to start as soon as possible. In our research, we employ a wide range of methods to solve problems in software systems that have real-world security implications.
Current topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Large language models for code (both source and binary)
- Formal analysis of transient execution attacks
- Reverse engineering for IoT
- Software supply chain security
We are looking for fresh PhD graduates or experienced researchers interested in software security applications who will contribute their expertise to our group. To apply, you should have:
- An MSc in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Interest in security research
- Strong programming skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (no German required)
- Excellent communication and social skills
The position includes research and contributions to teaching, salary follows the pay scale TV-L E13 (about 52K-59K EUR annually, depending on experience). There is ample funding for conference travel and high-end equipment. If interested, we will support you in looking for internships and research visits both with industry and academia.
LMU Munich, founded in 1472, is one of the leading universities in Germany. The Institute of Informatics is situated in the city center, next to the English Garden. The institute offers not only an excellent working atmosphere with world-leading groups in computer science, but also many opportunities for interdisciplinary work among the 18 faculties of LMU.
Interested? Please send your application by 18 June 2023 to email@example.com and include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of research interests
- Writing sample, e.g., MSc thesis or publications
- Degree certificates and transcript of records